Monday, August 29, 2011

Made of the Mist

Maybe it's because I've already seen Niagara Falls. Or maybe it's because I had to stay so far from the railings in order to keep Maddie happy and dry. Either way, when when we took a ride on the Maid of the Mist this afternoon, I was more fascinated by the glowing blue ponchos they gave us to wear than anything else. The following are stills from the iPhone video that my aunt Vicki made.











I dunno, am I crazy? I think something about this is both spooky and beautiful.

Here is the video:




That's me in the middle trying to take a picture of our dumb ponchos. And yeah, I guess the falls are kind of beautiful too.

2 comments:

  1. haha, wish we were there with you all! it does look and creepy and beautiful. I liked seeing marms in the blue jacket with her glasses on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm... I'm liking the glowing blue ponchos. Definitely beauty in the ephemeral.

    ReplyDelete